serves 4 as a side dish
1. Heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Toss the carrots and beetroot in olive oil, salt and pepper then spread the vegetables out onto the baking tray and place them in the oven to roast for 40-45 minutes.
3. Once roasted, remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool slightly while you make the dressing.
4. Place all the tahini dressing ingredients into a small food processor or blender and blitz until everything is well combined.
if you don't have a small food processor, crush the garlic clove by hand and mix the dressing together with a fork or whisk
5. Now that the vegetables are cool, sprinkle some sesame seeds over them and then transfer them to a serving dish. Garnish with the basil and hazelnuts and serve the tahini dressing on the side or drizzle over the top.
1 bunch dutch carrots (around 15 carrots), de-stemmed and washed
2 medium beetroots, peeled and cubed
salt and pepper
1/2 cup hazelnuts, dry toasted and roughly chopped
1 cup basil, roughly chopped
TAHINI DRESSING (from Arthur Street Kitchen)
3 tbsp tahini
around 50ml of water
1 garlic clove
1 tspn tamari
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp olive oil
- If you have left over dressing, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
- If you cannot find bunches of dutch carrots at your local market/supermarket/grocer, use regular carrots and cut them lengthways into halves or quarters